There’s a well nearby. You’ve probably seen it. It’s in a dusty abandoned town. You wonder who used to live here and why they all left.

Many people have traveled by this well on their journeys through life, but either didn’t notice it, decided not to check it out, or tried it but left for some reason. It doesn’t appear that the well has been used in a long time. You are not even sure if the water is good. The top of the water looks unappetizing . . . . disgusting actually – covered in dust, dirt, germs, bugs and grime. Who would even want to use this well or drink its water? You dip your finger in to just taste it anyways as you realize how thirsty you are, but you only taste the stuff on top. Yuck. You’re not drinking that! But your thirst remains.

You decide to move on. . . . to find something more appealing . . . more appetizing . . . more eye-catching and tasty. You heard there was something better down the road. So you turn your back to the well and head off.

I urge you to come back.

Things are not always what they seem.

There is more to this well than the casual observer and wanderer will ever know.

Let me help you draw up the DEEP water from the well. That is where the best water resides – where the cooler, refreshing, life-giving water is. It is not tainted by the dirt, dust, germs or bugs on top of the water. Nothing has touched this deep water except the bucket and cisterns that are allowed to draw deep into it.

Are you that kind of cistern or vessel?

Are you ready to go deep?

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Time to Rescue

I find it fascinating how God will quietly and secretly intertwine things in my life to make a point. He does it all the time . . . but I have to pay attention. Many times it may seem like a coincidence - but I know it's not. I've heard Him talk to me so many times in my life through various means, that I know it is by His design and not just some coincidence. Lately there have been a few themes running through various channels in my life (like preachers on tv, my own devotional times, random conversations with friends, etc). The first of which is that God has been getting on my case about my procrastination in writing the book He wants me to write (and in writing in general - but especially the book). OK Lord - I will be diligent and intentional in writing this book! (you guys are all my accountability partners! Keep me accountable!)

The 2nd thing is that He wants my children (ages 4-13) to start moving out in the giftings that He has placed in them - that we are to pray with them to be baptized in the Holy Spirit and start teaching and training them in how to move in the power of the Holy Spirit. Kids do not get a junior version of the H.S. - they get the same version that we as adults do - and they can do miracles and move mightily in the Lord just as much (if not more) than adults. Kids have tremendous and unhindered faith - and I want to see the Lord use that faith to work miracles and move in the lives of their friends, our neighbors and anyone they meet! I also want to see my kids living passionate lives for the Lord and experiencing His awesome love for them at an early age! I think that would have saved me a lot of heartache and mis-steps in life had I experienced it.

The 3rd issue that He has been talking to me about is that this year is a year of "Salvation". That we are to be "bringing in the harvest". He has been speaking to me about it for a couple of years now actually - but there is definitely more of a mandate to do it NOW (no more procrastinating!).

Back in October, when I was soaking in the Lord's presence, God showed me 2 things.
"Listen Lori",God said. I heard singing/praise. "But some of the choir is missing. They are not all here yet." I could see big gaps/holes in the choir that was all over the world (like looking at a globe with people standing on it. There were big empty areas across the globe. There were areas of concentration, but then areas with nothing - no one - even in places in America.) We need to bring the people in!


Secondly - I was singing about being thankful for God rescuing us (from eternal death, from situations in life, etc).
Then I saw a vision: It was a picture of a rope and then a life saving ring. WE are that rope/ring. It's time to get off the boat and be willing to be thrown out to rescue people - to bring them onto the boat. Stop sightseeing and enjoying the ride and get out there rescuing people! The "hole" in the middle of the ring (the middle of us) is from previous wounds - that have been healed. It is there to create a place for people to fit in and for us to wrap around them to take them to Jesus (who is the captain of the boat) and can pull them out of the water. Then, when they have been dried off, redressed, fed, and healed - God can throw them back out to rescue more!

Do not let your past hinder you from thinking you are useable by God. Do not think that just because you have a few "holes" in you - that you are not worthy enough to be used by God to rescue and minister to others. God LOVES to use ALL parts of us - for His glory! Your "holes" will allow you to reach people that would otherwise be unreachable. Your "holes" give an open door for others to feel safe in sharing with you their own pain, struggles and "holes" in their lives. Use your "holes" to bring those hurting people to the Lord. Let HIM rescue them. You are called to just bring them to Him! But in order to do that - you HAVE to get OFF THE BOAT!! You cannot rescue people from the comfort and safety of the boat. You can see them - but you will never be able to rescue them that way.


Get off the boat! Get out of your comfort zone! Allow God to use you in ways that seem scary (ie - flying through the air - only held on by the rope), that are new, that seem like they won't work. Sometimes you have to be thrown several times in order to finally connect with the person in need of resucing . . . . don't let that stop you! Keep letting God throw you out to them! One of these times you WILL connect. Don't give up!


The other time God talked to me about "holes" was when I was praying on Wall Street in October. It is a slightly different version of "holes". I posted about it - Praying on Wall Street But here is a portion of what God said.

" . . . I have new oil to pour out – but can’t. My people are not ready – not ready to accept it. Get them ready!”
How? “Tell them. Prepare them. Encourage them. Correct them. Say what I tell you to say - in doing so you will create holes in their hardened exteriors. These holes will cause them to become like sponges. THEN they will be able to soak up ALL the oil I have to pour out on them. Then they will be ready. They are not ready. But make them ready. Show them their need for these holes. They see it as damaging to who they are. I see it as vital for them to grow and be who I want them to be. Show them Lori.”
How do I show them?
“Be transparent. Show them your holes. Show them the oil you’ve been able to soak up because of those holes. Don’t hide your holes. Show them. Then they will see and know that I am God and that what you say is true.”

I am full of holes! Holes created by God - tearing out some of myself, my flesh to make room for more of Him and His spirit. And some created by myself from all the stupid things I've done - the self-inflicted wounds, and even the wounds caused by others that I allowed to fester and get bigger before being healed. I'm sure there will be more holes to come. But I do not look at them negatively now. I see the value in them. I WANT them. I WANT God to take away MY flesh and give me HIS! I WANT His oil! I WANT to be able to be used by God! And I love knowing that God can take a selfish sinner like myself - and use me to bless others and rescue them from death! Isn't that awesome??!!

So - examine your "holes" today.
Which ones do you need to let God heal?
What areas do you need to let God make a few more holes in?
Are you willing to get off the boat - to be thrown into the wind and waves in order to save a precious soul? What if someone hadn't done that for you? . . . . .

If you are in need of rescuing - please let me know . . . let someone know! It is so much easier for the rescue party to know who needs to be rescued when they shout out "help"! So if you are serious about getting out of the water that you feel you are drowning in . . . please shout out for help - to others around you - or to the captain of the boat Himself . . . Jesus!

I pray that 2009 is truly a year of salvation - not only for you - but for many, many others all around this world! I am excited to hear the sounds of the choir when all the members are there! How glorious it will be!

Dive Deep today! Or at least - allow yourself to be thrown in the water! :)

L :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails