There’s a well nearby. You’ve probably seen it. It’s in a dusty abandoned town. You wonder who used to live here and why they all left.

Many people have traveled by this well on their journeys through life, but either didn’t notice it, decided not to check it out, or tried it but left for some reason. It doesn’t appear that the well has been used in a long time. You are not even sure if the water is good. The top of the water looks unappetizing . . . . disgusting actually – covered in dust, dirt, germs, bugs and grime. Who would even want to use this well or drink its water? You dip your finger in to just taste it anyways as you realize how thirsty you are, but you only taste the stuff on top. Yuck. You’re not drinking that! But your thirst remains.

You decide to move on. . . . to find something more appealing . . . more appetizing . . . more eye-catching and tasty. You heard there was something better down the road. So you turn your back to the well and head off.

I urge you to come back.

Things are not always what they seem.

There is more to this well than the casual observer and wanderer will ever know.

Let me help you draw up the DEEP water from the well. That is where the best water resides – where the cooler, refreshing, life-giving water is. It is not tainted by the dirt, dust, germs or bugs on top of the water. Nothing has touched this deep water except the bucket and cisterns that are allowed to draw deep into it.

Are you that kind of cistern or vessel?

Are you ready to go deep?

Monday, October 6, 2008

Elijah Wine

This morning in my prayertime God took me down a hallway to show me something. He opened up the 3rd door on the right. It was the "Wine and Grain" room. The wine racks were empty and there was no grain.

God said "I have poured out my wine on my people. They have drank it and used it, but did not multiply it to refill this rack. They used it for themselves, but not for what I designed it for."

When I asked him where the grain was, He said "my people have not brought it in. I am waiting to fill this room with grain, but no one is bringing it in." (I asked Him "No one?" . . . and I had the sense that there were other rooms that were full - but this room wasn't . . . and it was supposed to be).

I then saw one bottle of wine left on the rack. Under it was a label - it said "Elijah" on it. I asked Him what it was for. "It is for you. I want to pour out my 'Elijah' wine." I went to the Bible to read more about Elijah. I read the stories of Elijah (and Ahab and others) - of the great signs and wonders that God did through Elijah - how Elijah cried out to God for God to move - for these signs and wonders (raising a boy from the dead, setting the altar on fire, bringing rain, etc). THAT is what God is wanting for today - these days we are in. He wants to see us do great things - to do these signs and wonders and more! The people of this world need the Christians to be filled with this Elijah wine - to step out in faith and show the glory of God to bring people to repentance!

Look at the posting for today on The Call's Facedown 40 day fast! It's all about Elijah and Jezebel! I feel like God is wanting to pour out this Elijah wine to counteract and fight against the spirit of Jezebel that has seduced our nation for far too long. I could go on and on about it - but the article on The Call says alot. So does this article by the IHOP-Atlanta - it talks about both the spirit of Elijah (Malachi 4:5-6 - turning the hearts of the fathers to their children and vice versa) and the power of Elijah (the signs and wonders) being poured out in the last days.

Another prophecy/article that I received today in my email was from Elijah List - by Barbie Breathitt. I swear this woman is talking just to me and has been watching my life lately! :) God has perfect timing - doesn't He? :) Barbie also is talking about signs and wonders and asked God when we were going to see more of them. God said to her "Whenever you begin to do them"!

I encourage you all to keep praying . . . keep digging in deeper . . . in God's Word and in God's presence, love and power!

Blessings!
L :)

“Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord. And he will turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the earth with a curse.” Malachi 4:5-6

“And he will turn many of the children of Israel to the Lord their God. He will also go before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, ‘to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”
Luke 1:16-17

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails